Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck of the Irish!

Harrison had quite the St. Patrick's Day! He celebrated his heritage in style at the St. Paul St. Patrick's Day parade with Grandma and Grandpa Lichty (and me!). Harrison must have been anticipating a pretty crazy day because he insisted on wearing his bike helmet around the house all morning.Harrison was all decked out in his green garb and ready for the parade. He loved the firetrucks and all the crazy outfits.He was lucky enough to get the best seat in the house for most of the parade...on grandpa's shoulders! (He also had his first lollypop...not surprising, he loved it!)
So I am only a little bit Irish but since my son is at least 25% Irish I adopted the "everybody is Irish on St. Patrick's Day".
It was a beautiful day and we had such a great time. We capped off the day with an old Irish tradition...Shamrock Shakes!
I am lucky enough to have a week off before I start a new job. I have been taking the opportunity to spend some fun time with Harrison. Yesterday we had a playdate with our neighbor Jack (and his mom Leslie). The boys were born only weeks apart and became fast friends. They have mutual interests including trucks, balls, sippy cups, and blueberry muffins.
I am so excited that Harrison will have a buddy in the neighborhood!

No comments: